Terms of Business & Customer information:-
- The pre-fit survey carried out by the Installer is not invasive. If issues come to light during the actual installation that were not visible during the pre-fit survey, we will not accept any liability for these matters. Further costs will be liable for rectification
- PLEASE NOTE – your kitchen or bathroom will be completely removed during the first day of the installation and will not be usable until the end of the installation period. Please ensure you have removed all items / belongings from all units or cupboards, walls, ceiling etc. before the installation starts. We cannot take any responsibility for losses due to personal items being removed with the rubbish
- Your new kitchen or bathroom will not have exactly the same layout or footprint as your existing one. Should you choose to keep your exiting floor covering we accept no responsibility for the flooring aligning to your new units (gaps or shortfall of floor covering) nor do we accept responsibility when your kitchen or bathroom requires decoration due to the cupboards or accessory outlines not matching / aligning the old ones.
- Our working week is Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays – 8.30am to 04.00pm – unless works have been completed
- All installation commencement and completion dates are estimated and can vary due to unforeseen circumstances. We cannot take any responsibility for losses due to late commencement or completion of works
- If you choose to supply your own existing or new bathroom fittings, you must ensure that they fit with the products which you have purchased and into the space on your plan. You should also check that all waste outlets are accessible and work with the design; and you or your third party installer must ensure that your property’s water system is compatible with your chosen taps or shower
- We cannot advise on planning permission or building regulations consent issues, which are entirely your responsibility
- If you have made any changes to your room layout since your pre-fit survey and have not notified us in writing, we will neither accept responsibility for additional costs nor be held liable for any returns of products
- You are aware that pets, children and the customer must keep clear of the kitchen or bathroom and working areas
- Children should not be left alone in the property without an adult under any circumstances – our installers do not qualify as a supervising adult
- Should you have any questions or concerns about your installation please discuss them with your installer in the first instance or contact CARLOS LOPEZ on 07971 062517
- Definition of ‘Supplier’ – The company you have chosen to purchase your kitchen or bathroom from
- Our quotations / supplementary guide prices are valid for 28 days
- Supplementary work must be confirmed 8 weeks prior to the installation, and a non-refundable deposit of 30% paid
- Supplementary costs to be finalised and agreed
- An overall deposit of 90 % is required 6 weeks prior to us starting works
- The balance of the supplementary works will be calculated based on the actual works carried out and the balance payment of the supplementary works is required in full on completion of the supplementary works. Payment cannot be withheld should a ‘Supplier’ item be missing, which holds up the completion of any supplementary work. Please note that the fitting of your kitchen is not supplementary works. Definition of ‘Supplier’ – The company you have chosen to purchase your kitchen or bathroom from
- Unforeseen works (excluding specialist works – gas, plumbing and electrics charged at £60 per person per hour) will be charged at £40 per person per hour excluding materials. These works may include but not be limited to; reinforcing any stud wall with ply / wooden inserts before hanging your wall units, replacing rotten floors, boxing in, modification of kitchen cupboards or worktops, replacing plasterboard, skirting, architrave etc.
- Stud walls may require reinforcement / additional supports. This will be charged at £40 per person per hour excluding materials.
- Any computers, Sky box, Virgin box, Freeview box or any other type sensitive equipment that may contain any type of computing circuits / components must be unplugged before we carry our any electrical works. The unplugging from the mains power is the customer’s responsibility; we cannot take any responsibility for damages or losses.
- Please note that asbestos is the responsibility of the customer and should you believe there to be any asbestos you SHOULD call your local council for advice and guidance. Further, should we discover asbestos, or what we believe to be asbestos, works will halt immediately and the customer will be responsible for the safe removal
- During any works should we find any unsafe pipework (i.e. leaks) work will halt immediately until rectified. These works will be chargeable at the specified hourly rate.
- Refer to current supplementary price guide
- Pipe work alterations are chargeable per meter and per pipe altered
- Water softeners – no guarantee can be given regarding a water softener fitting into a sink unit. The position of the hot and cold feeds, waste, waste trap etc. may all obstruct the water softener
- Hot water tap – no guarantee can be given regarding a hot water system will fit into a sink unit. The position of the hot and cold feeds, waste, waste trap etc. may all obstruct the hot water tank
- Installation existing / old appliances – we cannot except liability for a failure of connection hoses, washers or any other connection that is reused
- Central heating valve, radiator valves, stopcock, any water cut off valve may fail at any time and we cannot be held responsible or liable for TRV’s, bleed valves on radiators etc. should they fail whilst we are opening and/or closing them
- Exiting services – hot water feed, cold water feed, waste outlet, gas feed – any service can have an obstruction or potential obstruction that becomes dislodged or causes an issue whilst works are being carried out. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any such issues and rectification of the problem will be charged at the specified on our current works schedule
- A plasterer can only plaster up to any pipework, fixed items such as boilers, cables or any other ceiling or wall fixed obstruction
- Please note, wooden surfaces such as boxing cannot be plastered.
- If you choose to decorate your walls / ceiling before your installation commences our fitters will do their best to not scuff or mark walls, however, we cannot accept liability for any marks or scuffs that may happen during installation and you may need to do some touching up on completion of your kitchen installation
Installation of customer appliance
- Installation of customer appliance excluding electric or gas connection – see current price list for pricing
- If the customer is keeping their existing floor we cannot guarantee the foot print of the new kitchen or bathroom will match the existing one. You may be left with areas of untiled / unfinished floor. In addition, protective covering to be in place before fitters arrive
- If a new floor is fitted before the start of the installation the customer is responsible for protecting their own floor – protective covering to be in place before fitters arrive
- Plinths and panels will be cut to the exiting floor unless otherwise requested by the customer
- If the floor is being tiled we may have to remove existing floor to supply and fit 18 mm ply – additional costs apply
- Laminate or similar style flooring & Tiling
- Whilst over ply can be fitted (if required, additional costs apply) we cannot guarantee the level of your floor or the soundness of your exiting floor joists. Please note that the thickness of your new flooring material may vary from your existing flooring resulting in unsightly marks on your skirting or similar finishing materials, further, there may be a variance in threshold levels from one room to the next
- It is normal for plasterboard walls to crumble whilst removing tiles, if this happens we may have to supply and fit new plasterboard – additional costs apply
- If the walls are not in a good state of repair we may have to skim / plaster the walls before tiling – additional costs apply
Tiling – Floors or Walls
- Please note that additional charges will apply for fitting anything other than standard 100mm x 100mm ceramic tiles, for example; porcelain, travertine, natural stone, slate or composite type tiles, also if the tiles are smaller than 100 mm square or if the tiles exceed 250 mm square in size
- During any works, should we find any unsafe wiring, work will halt immediately until rectified. These works will be chargeable at the specified hourly rate.
- If applicable – our electricians will contact you to arrange a preliminary non-invasive survey OR the 2 hour survey / testing if shown on the supplementary sheet at the guide price + VAT, additional time will be charged at £60 per hour
- If the customer is having the consumer unit (fuse box) upgraded this must be done before we commence works and an electrical certificate supplied
- All of our consumer unit upgrade quotes cover the cost of supplying, fitting and certifying the consumer unit only
- Additional costs (charged at £60 per person hour) will be incurred for:-
- Electrical fault finding
- Replacement of wiring
- Fixing or rectifying loose or bad connections
- Rewiring – subject to a written quotation
- The routing of electrical cables through areas without ‘Free Access’ will be charged at £60 per person per hour
- All prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate